melcrumley.etsy.com

Monday, September 1, 2008

Comfort verses for Kids comfort kits for school

So, we have to send the kids to school with a comfort kit in case of a disaster that does not allow us to be able to get to the kids. In the kit are snacks, space blanket, garbagebag, etc and a note of comfort and picture of the family. I decided on my note that I would add some comfort verses for the boys to read, to add a little more comfort and remind them, God is watching over them. He is there, call upon him if you need too. I found a website that had different verses easier for children to understand. I used some of these comfort verses in the kids comfort letters. I chose about 3 for the two older boys and just one for the younger.

Psalm 46:1 "God is our refuge and strength, a very present help in trouble."
John 14:27 "Peace I leave with you, My peace I give unto you . . . Let not your be troubled, neither let it be afraid."
Isaiah 41:10 "Fear thou not; for I am with thee; be not dismayed; for I am thy God: I will strengthen thee; yea, I will help thee . . ."
Nahum 1:7 "The Lord is good, a strong hold in the day of trouble . . ."
Deuteronomy 31:8 "And the Lord, He it is that doth go before thee; He will be with thee, He will not fail thee, nor forsake thee; fear not, neither be dismayed."
Psalm 30:5 ". . . Weeping may endure for a night, but joy cometh in the morning."
Psalm 34:15 "The eyes of the Lord are upon the righteous, and His ears are open unto their cry."


I thought I would share this so if any others need to make a comfort pack and would like to include a verse or two, they are here for you to get. I also put the meaning of some of the words so they would fully understand that God is there.

No comments: