melcrumley.etsy.com

Wednesday, July 9, 2008

National Sugar Cookie Day



Well I got an email today that said July 9th is National Sugar Cookie Day. So, of course I had to make some! It is not easy trying to find a cookie recipe that is eggless. Esp. when you don't have all the ingredients. But I did finally find one. It is for a crisp sugar cookie. I wanted soft, but beggers can't be choosers, and since these aren't really for me, but the kids, we went with the one I found. I can't remember where I found this one. I searched so many! We also made our own colored sprinkles. FUN!!


Crisp Sugar Cookies (EGGLESS)
1 1/2 cups plain/all purpose flour
1 cup sugar - extra for sprinkling
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
2 tablespoons sour cream
1/2 cup butter
2 tablespoons milk
1 tsp vanilla
Preheat the oven to 160°C/325°F
Sift together the flour, sugar, baking powder and soda. Set aside. Cream together the sour cream, butter, milk and vanilla; mix well. Stir in the flour mixture.
Drop by teaspoonfuls onto greased cookie sheets, flatten with fork. Sprinkle with sugar. Bake in the preheated oven for 10-12 minutes, until firm and golden coloured. Cool for 2 minutes in the oven and remove to a wire rack to cool completely.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

looks like it taste good little girl

http://www.msteenybopper.blogspot.com