melcrumley.etsy.com

Thursday, July 24, 2008

Trying something new! Eggplant Parmesan


"seeping" the bitter out


Breaded and ready to bake
All layered and ready to cook one last time!
All done! YUMMY!
Eggplant Parmesan. This what we tried new last night for dinner. Everyone seemed to like it except Bailey. I took recipes from different sites and kinda went with my own thing. I think alot of it was from allrecipes.com. I only had 1 eggplant so only made an 8x8 dish. It was enough for us. So Here we go.


Peel and slice eggplant into about 1/4 in slices. ( I didn't measure, just eye it)
Put out on plate and sprinkle with kosher salt and let sit for 30min or more. This kinda seeps the bitter out of the egglplant, or so I read.
After time is up rinse eggplant and dry off!
This is an Em friendly recipe so I did not use egg to dip.
Dip each slice in milk, then in italian bread crumbs
Put on cookie sheet lightly greased and bake at 450 for 7-10 min on each side.
Layer spaghetti sauce in dish then put egglpant, then mozerella and grated parmesan cheese. Layer again until eveything is gone. (mine was 2 layers)
I sprinkled Italian seasoning on top for color and a little garlic salt.
Bake at 350 for 30min. Enjoy over angel hair or spaghetti noodles.


1 comment:

Christian said...

OOOOOH, I have always wanted to try to make this, but it always seemed to hard! Thanks for the recipe, I will have to try it soon. Although as soon as I put it on the table, Michael will say "Where's the meat?" HAHAHAH